Post Office in Liechtenstein Now Sells BTC

The federal government-owned put up workplace in Liechtenstein has begun providing a cryptocurrency alternate service. Initially, the put up workplace in the capital metropolis of Vaduz will promote BTC, with 4 extra cryptocurrencies deliberate. The service is in partnership with Zug-based Värdex Suisse, the operator of “the biggest crypto ATM community in Switzerland.”

Additionally learn: Indian Supreme Court docket Strikes Crypto Listening to, Group Requires Optimistic Laws

Post Office Promoting BTC

Liechtensteinische Post AG introduced on Feb. 15 that it has begun promoting BTC on the counter of the put up workplace in the capital metropolis of Vaduz. “In the hunt for new enterprise alternatives, Liechtensteinische Post AG has determined to supply a brand new alternate [service] of cryptocurrencies in its put up workplaces,” Friday’s announcement reads. The Post elaborated:

After an introductory part, the supply might be prolonged to different put up workplaces and the alternate of further cryptocurrencies … It can then be attainable to alter bitcoin (BTC), ethereum (ETH), litecoin (LTC), bitcoin money (BCH) and ripple (XRP).

The announcement additional notes that, after making a BTC buy, prospects will obtain “a bodily crypto pockets” which incorporates each the private and non-private keys.

Post Office in Liechtenstein Now Sells BTC

Based in 1999, Liechtensteinische Post AG contains 9 put up workplaces and three postal companions, in line with its web site. Previous to Dec. 31, 1999, the postal service of Liechtenstein, a rustic with roughly 38,000 folks, was managed by Swiss Post, the nationwide postal service of Switzerland which is a public firm owned by the Swiss Confederation. Now Swiss Post owns 25 % of Liechtensteinische Post and the federal government of Liechtenstein owns the remaining 75 %.

Partnership With Värdex Suisse

Liechtensteinische Post defined that Swiss Post had all the time been in “the traditional cash alternate enterprise,” due to this fact “nothing is completely different” by including cryptocurrencies to the prevailing service.

This new service is enabled by way of a partnership with Zug-based Värdex Suisse AG, a subsidiary spun off from Bitcoin Suisse AG on the finish of 2017 in order to satisfy the rising demand for POS options, Liechtensteinische Post detailed.

Post Office in Liechtenstein Now Sells BTC

“Värdex is Switzerland’s largest, financially regulated blockchain and POS community operator,” the corporate describes itself. It’s a member of the Monetary Companies Requirements Affiliation (VQF) and a part of the Crypto Valley Zug group.

Its web site additionally states that “Värdex Suisse is working the biggest crypto ATM community in Switzerland,” itemizing a complete of 26 areas, all of which assist BTC, ETH, and LTC. In line with Coinatmradar, there are 48 cryptocurrency ATMs in Switzerland. Zurich has 13 machines, probably the most in the nation, adopted by Basel with six machines and Geneva with 5. Different main ATM operators in the nation are Bity with six areas and Bitc with 14 areas.

What do you consider Liechtensteinische Post promoting cryptocurrencies at put up workplace counters? Tell us in the feedback part beneath.


Photographs courtesy of Shutterstock and Liechtensteinische Post.


Have to calculate your bitcoin holdings? Examine our instruments part.

Tags in this story
BCH, Bitcoin, bitcoin money, bitcoin suisse, BTC, counter, crypto, Cryptocurrencies, Cryptocurrency, Digital Foreign money, ETH, ether, Ethereum, Liechtenstein Post, Liechtensteinische Post, litecoin, LTC, N-Financial system, Post Office, Promoting, Värdex Suisse, Digital Foreign money, XRP
Kevin Helms

A scholar of Austrian Economics, Kevin discovered Bitcoin in 2011 and has been an evangelist ever since. His pursuits lie in Bitcoin safety, open-source techniques, community results and the intersection between economics and cryptography.




About Tom Greenly

Check Also

Latin America and Turkey Have the Most Cryptocurrency Users, Poll Shows

Cryptocurrency utilization has been increasing globally and a brand new survey confirms that pattern. The …

Bitcoin schommelt rond $9.000. BTC token op Binance DEX | – Bitcoin Magazine NL

Bitcoin (BTC) zit op het second van schrijven web boven de $9.000. De koers lijkt …