At their First Annual Yearly Summit on Tuesday, the substitute intelligence initiative AIDecentralized introduced a partnership with SingularityNET — the platform behind the humanoid robotic Sophia — to launch the Decentralized AI Alliance (DAIA).
In creating the brand new business alliance, the groups hope to “present a medium for member organizations to coordinate relating to requirements, protocols, interfaces and different technical issues,” and present steerage and different sources to rising AI blockchain initiatives. Basically, the goal is to create a centralized, open supply authority for AI blockchain initiatives.
As well as to serving as an business group, DAIA additionally plans to function as a fiscal and strategic useful resource for blockchain AI initiatives. This position will contain not solely making improvement expertise out there à la the Apache Basis, however immediately investing in promising initiatives and advising others on AI blockchain investing. Initially, DAIA plans to help 100 initiatives over the subsequent two years, with funding allowances of USD 2 million for every of the primary 50 initiatives.
The announcement of DAIA marks the most recent effort to be a part of AI and blockchain applied sciences in a manner that’s not solely cooperative, however managed democratically. As with the AI Crypto workforce’s efforts to crowdsource coaching knowledge as an alternative of leaving it to giant gamers to provide, DAIA intends to safeguard the event of AI by eradicating it from the management of highly effective entities.
In an announcement, Dr. Ben Goertzel, head of SingularityNET, mentioned, “At present we face an AI oligopoly, the place knowledge and frameworks are largely owned by a handful of firms. With DAIA, we goal to leverage blockchain and associated applied sciences to create a democratically-governed AI group that may profit the broader society, slightly than just a few highly effective corporations.”
To try this, the workforce is making an attempt to create as broad-based an ecosystem as potential by which AI can leverage blockchain.
The identical purpose led to the partnership in February between SingularityNET and quantum blockchain firm Nexus. As reported in Blockchain Information, that undertaking sought to create a blockchain community that allowed AI robots to talk and transact in a decentralized manner—removed from the prying and usually conflicted attain of AI behemoths like Fb, Microsoft, and Google.
- TOOL World Launches OLO Token To Monetize Consumer Conduct – July 23, 2018
- Stratis Steam Forward with Sidechains, Third Launch This Month – July 2, 2018
- What’s Behind the $575 Million TaTaTu Non-public Sale? – June 25, 2018
- Constellation Launches Orion Neighborhood Portal, Airdrops DAG Tokens – June 22, 2018
- Is Metronome’s “Un-ICO” the Subsequent Cryptocurrency Evolution? – June 18, 2018
- Zenodys Launches Non-public Sale for CoinZZ Token Forward of July ICO – June four, 2018
- Block.one Closes Document $four Billion ICO of EOS – June 1, 2018
- Guardium ICO Provides XPRIZE’s Peter Diamandis as Participant, Advisor – Might 30, 2018
- SingularityNET Launches $100 Million Industry Initiative to Fund and Support AI Blockchain Projects – Might 25, 2018
- Bitmain Bets $110 Million That Circle Can Create the One True Stablecoin – Might 17, 2018
- Is EOS Dumping Ether? Market Analyst Santiment Thinks Not – Might 14, 2018
- Constellation Units out to Construct Quick, Scalable Blockchain Utilizing DAG – April 17, 2018
- Monex Buys Submit-Hack Coincheck for $33.5M, Goals For Eventual IPO – April 9, 2018
- Award-Profitable Eligma Proclaims $24M ICO To Unify On-line Procuring – April 5, 2018
- Algebraix Launches Public Token Sale With Assist From CoinList API – March 29, 2018
- ALAX and Gionee Associate to Deliver Cellular Gaming to the World’s Underbanked – March 22, 2018
- Havven Raises $30m for USD-Pegged Stablecoin Community – March 2, 2018
- iOlite Launches Basis and ICO to Democratize Good Contracts – March 2, 2018
- Australia’s Shping Launches Token to Change How Advertisers Attain Shoppers – February 26, 2018
- HelloGold’s GOLDX: World’s First Shariah-Compliant Crypto Asset – February 21, 2018
View All Articles