A United Nations backed initiative, the Remittance Know-how Awards (RemTECH) is wanting for cross-border funds pacesetters searching for to positively affect the business, mentioned the orgainisers in an announcement launched final week.
The initiative is aligned with the World Discussion board on Remittances, Funding and Growth, which takes place in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on Could eight, 2018, the place the awards can be introduced. The target is to lift consciousness and promote dialogue and cooperation between governments and entrepreneurs on how migrant remittances contribute to world financial growth.
In keeping with the organizers of the occasion, which has recieved backing from the World Financial institution, in addition to the UN Division of Financial and Social Affairs, digital currencies now signify a fifth of all international money transfers.
RemTECH Awards Director, Hugo Cuaves-Mohr, estimates that volumes of private and enterprise international money transfers despatched utilizing digital currencies hit USD 182 billion in 2017, practically a fifth of the full USD 1.03 trillion international transfers performed by the business.
The World Financial institution estimates that remittances to low and middle-income international locations, alone, will develop by three.four p.c in 2018, to USD 466 billion. India stays the largest heart for remittance flows, with a complete of USD 65 billion anticipated this 12 months, adopted by China, the Philippines, Mexico, and Nigeria.
Previously years, remittances have proven to be extra steady than non-public capital circulation into low and middle-income international locations, based on the assertion.
Highlighting the important thing position of the know-how throughout the mission, a part of the awards voting course of can be scored utilizing a blockchain-based platform, developed with Horizon State know-how and in collaboration with Yokip Consulting, based on the assertion. The blockchain tally will confirm that the voting occurred independently and supply an auditable account of the scoring, whereas preserving votes nameless.
The organizers are calling for submissions on groundbreaking merchandise, providers, analysis, and initiatives in international funds. The cut-off date for submissions is 30 March, 2018,
Web site hyperlink: https://remtech.org/
- Civil Needs to Make News Extra Moral – July 23, 2018
- GeTS Hyperlinks ASEAN and China with Cross Border Commerce Blockchain – July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Safe Immediate Video Relationship Community – July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Cellular App for Charge-Free Crypto Buying and selling – July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Promoting Potential – July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Will get $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Power Grid – July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Needs to Enhance on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” – July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Advert Platform XCHNG – July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens – July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Provides Sprint to US Crypto ATM Community – July 17, 2018
- UK Can Grow to be Blockchain Chief by 2022: Report – July 17, 2018
- Tezos Provides Innovation Grants for Platform Initiatives – July 16, 2018
- Content material Safety Platform Typerium Information Patents – July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Energy – July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Enterprise Evaluation Service Provides Speedy Crypto Undertaking Evaluate – July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Financial institution – July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Possibility for Crypto Exchanges: AEI – July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Places POS in Hong Kong Eating places – July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Purchase Stake in WEG Financial institution – July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Buying and selling – July 11, 2018
View All Articles