The Poseidon Basis launched their retail platform connecting shoppers with the local weather results of their purchases on Might 1 in London. At this time, they introduced a pilot, at Ben & Jerry’s latest ice-cream Scoop Store in London’s Wardour Avenue, to point out the way it works.
Poseidon’s retail platform permits shoppers to see the local weather change impacts of their purchases at point-of-sale and lets them offset their influence. It will give shoppers the flexibility to make purchases whereas having a carbon-neutral influence on the surroundings, says Poseidon.
Laszlo Giricz, the corporate’s founder and CEO mentioned, in an announcement: “Whereas this is only one small pilot, the expertise is now confirmed and could be totally scaled and built-in, giving everybody the chance to grasp their very own carbon influence and take motion. In simply three weeks, we now have already protected over 1,000 bushes through the London retailer, equal to an space the scale of 77 tennis courts.”
Poseidon makes use of blockchain expertise to buy carbon credit on behalf of the patron. Final 12 months, Blockchain Information reported that their expertise will forestall the double counting of carbon and can be constant throughout jurisdictions. The platform makes use of smart-contracts and a Stellar based mostly token OCEAN (/OCN) to handle the carbon offsetting course of.
The platform makes use of smart-contracts and a Stellar-based token, Poseidon (/PSD), to handle the carbon offsetting course of.
Ben & Jerry’s are taking this one step additional by contributing in direction of carbon credit from a forest conservation undertaking in Peru. They’re additionally giving clients the flexibility to make use of the Poseidon platform once they buy their ice cream. Their new Soho retailer was initially a four-month pop-up enterprise however is now a everlasting.
Get ‘em whereas they’re chilly. Our #LONDON Soho Scoop Store is up and funning! Come on down! https://t.co/51H0z5wDeO pic.twitter.com/piH9TVDvEw
— Ben & Jerry’s UK (@benandjerrysUK) Might 15, 2018
In an announcement, Head of Ben & Jerry’s Social Mission Europe Chris Gale mentioned: “We need to use each half of our enterprise to assist a transition to a low carbon economic system, together with placing an inside value on carbon and setting ourselves formidable targets to scale back our absolute carbon emissions by 80 % by 2020.”
Ben & Jerry’s have beforehand spoken out on the influence of local weather change and created a world ‘Save our Swirled’ marketing campaign forward of the Paris UN Climate Change Convention in 2015. They’ve carried out measures to scale back carbon emissions inside their enterprise and have self-imposed a carbon tax.
- Neufund Companions with Binance and Malta Inventory Change – July 23, 2018
- IBM Companions with Stablecoin Stronghold USD on Stellar Community – July 18, 2018
- New Blockchain Platform to Present Digital Immortality – July 18, 2018
- NatWest Joins R3 Blockchain Finance Platform Marco Polo – July 17, 2018
- iXledger Presents New Blockchain Insurance coverage with London Dealer – July 16, 2018
- Tech Group MonetaryUnit to Purchase Flubit and Launch Crypto Market – July 13, 2018
- Futuristic, Blockchain-Powered, Algae-Coated Towers Proposed for Hangzhou – July 11, 2018
- Unchain Groups with KPN and Microsoft for Enterprise Blockchain Options – July 11, 2018
- Zen Protocol Launches Mainnet Genesis Block – July 10, 2018
- Palladium Launches Regulated ICCO for Institutional Buyers – July 10, 2018
- Malta Approves Three Regulatory Payments to Encourage Crypto Adoption – July 5, 2018
- Ron Paul: “Crypto can Carry Again Gold Customary” – July four, 2018
- EU Report Blasts Economists Who Criticize Cryptocurrencies – July three, 2018
- VeChain Launches Thor Blockchain. Token Swap Set for Mid-July – July three, 2018
- Galaxy Digital Invests $20 Million in Blockchain Digital Actuality Platform – July 2, 2018
- DNAtix Pilot Blockchain Expertise for Preventative Healthcare – June 28, 2018
- Regulatory Readability Will Have a Snowball Impact on Institutional Buyers – June 28, 2018
- New Platforms Open Up Sensible Contracts to Non-Builders – June 28, 2018
- Hyperledger Government Explores Actual-World Makes use of of Blockchain – June 28, 2018
- Blockchain Tech set to “Overthrow” Present Banking System: ABM AMRO Exec – June 28, 2018
View All Articles