At the moment marks the top of the most important preliminary coin providing (ICO) in historical past. An epic 340 days after its launch on June 26, 2017, Block.one is about to wind down a token sale that has netted its EOS venture over USD four billion, simply eclipsing the earlier document of USD 1.7 billion raised in Telegram’s non-public sale final month, in response to Blockchain Information.
Past incomes protection from the Wall Road Journal, the gaudy numbers converse to the joy surrounding one of essentially the most highly-anticipated blockchain initiatives ever. EOS has been written up endlessly within the final yr, with many hoping it could meaningfully iterate, if not remedy, some of the most important issues dealing with at this time’s blockchain structure.
In keeping with the white paper, the purpose of the mainnet — set to go reside later at this time — is to create a decentralized working system that improves the processing pace and suppleness of current protocols whereas eliminating the necessity for consumer charges. Various revolutionary concepts are constructed into EOS, resembling delegated proof-of-stake as a consensus mechanism.
Block.one, the corporate behind EOS, hasn’t specified the way it plans to spend the cash. They’re hiring builders close to their CEO’s and CTO’s residence bases—Hong Kong and Blacksburg, VA respectively. Moreover, no less than USD 1 billion will go in direction of a enterprise partnership that EOS launched to jump-start third-party improvement on the platform, in response to Blockchain Information. Past that, the corporate hasn’t laid out a particular roadmap. However given how huge a product it intends to launch, the venture’s capitalization matches its ambitions.
Most vital is the truth that with good management, the USD three billion struggle chest means EOS may turn into an actual rival to Ethereum, and thereby launch one of the primary format wars of the blockchain period. Till now, decentralized working programs like Neo have posed a far weaker problem to the ERC-20 commonplace than what EOS guarantees. Ethereum now faces a respectable competitor to pressure it to scale, pace up, and enhance usability. One instance is that EOS permits readable account names as an alternative of lengthy hashes, which hints on the kind of incremental enhancements we are able to count on to see. Competitors is nice, and the group will profit.
Going ahead, the EOS ICO additionally suggests a brand new “enterprise capital” period of blockchain if EOS is seen as a template for mega-raises sooner or later. As unconventional because the format of its ICO was, EOS adopted the VC mannequin of getting an attractive founder (Daniel Larimer, contemporary off successes with Bitshares and Steem) to pitch holistic options that may remedy macro-scale, not focused, issues. That is the pitch numerous startups have used to get funded in Silicon Valley, and it may level the best way ahead for a brand new technology of savvy, linked blockchain initiatives.
- Block.one Closes Record $four Billion ICO of EOS – June 1, 2018
- Guardium ICO Provides XPRIZE’s Peter Diamandis as Participant, Advisor – Might 30, 2018
- SingularityNET Launches $100 Million Trade Initiative to Fund and Help AI Blockchain Tasks – Might 25, 2018
- Bitmain Bets $110 Million That Circle Can Create the One True Stablecoin – Might 17, 2018
- Is EOS Dumping Ether? Market Analyst Santiment Thinks Not – Might 14, 2018
- Constellation Units out to Construct Quick, Scalable Blockchain Utilizing DAG – April 17, 2018
- Monex Buys Publish-Hack Coincheck for $33.5M, Goals For Eventual IPO – April 9, 2018
- Award-Profitable Eligma Pronounces $24M ICO To Unify On-line Purchasing – April 5, 2018
- Algebraix Launches Public Token Sale With Assist From CoinList API – March 29, 2018
- ALAX and Gionee Companion to Convey Cellular Gaming to the World’s Underbanked – March 22, 2018
- Havven Raises $30m for USD-Pegged Stablecoin Community – March 2, 2018
- iOlite Launches Basis and ICO to Democratize Sensible Contracts – March 2, 2018
- Australia’s Shping Launches Token to Change How Advertisers Attain Shoppers – February 26, 2018
- HelloGold’s GOLDX: World’s First Shariah-Compliant Crypto Asset – February 21, 2018
- Waltonchain and Loci Announce Partnership to Unite Mental Property With IoT – February 19, 2018
- Fibonacci Launches ICO to Revolutionize Hydroponic Hashish Farming – February 14, 2018
- Viewly Presents Advert-Free Video Content material With $12m Token Sale – February 6, 2018
View All Articles